Mango, Peach and Habanero Hot Wings!
This is the perfect habanero wing sauce. It is tangy, a little bit sweet, clingy and fruity, and so so spicy! Here is how you do it:
Mango-Peach and Habanero Hot Wings
20 flats and drumettes
1 Tbsp. baking powder (NOT baking soda)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
3 Tbsp. Emily’s Original Habanero Hot Sauce
3 Tbsp. HEB Peach & Mango Fruit Spread (feel free to sub in peach, mango or pineapple if that is what you have in the fridge)
3/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to toss the flats and drumettes with the baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt until chicken is evenly coated. But do not add extra baking powder. Just mix them so they all have some.
- Place wings in the air fryer in single layer and cook for 25 minutes at 400°F, flipping 1/2 way through.
- While the wings are cooking combine butter, Emily’s Original Habanero Hot Sauce, fruit spread, and 3/4 tsp. salt in a sauce pan. Melt over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until it is simmering and slightly thickened. Set aside in a large bowl.
- When the wings are done transfer to the sauce bowl and toss. Serve while hot!